The Easiest Way to find your way to Uitenhage Airfield (FAUH):
- Take the N2 from PE to Van Staadens/Cape Town
- St Albans/Blue Horizon Bay offramp – turn right off highway
- Drive to T Junction – then Left onto Old Cape Road
- After passing St Albans Prison on your right, take the very next Right at end of Prison fence – signposted Uitenhage.
- Stop Street at Rocklands – Turn right
- You will descend down a windy road and see Uitenhage in the distance and Township on your right.
- Pass two major turn offs to your right –
- just after second one road begins to turn to your left – about 300m into the bend look on your right – there is a break in the tar footpath – turn right – then immediately left back onto tar that leads into the airfield. Have included pic of entrance just before they installed the footpath.
GPS users: 33°47’4.23″S and 25°22’48.84″E
If you end up getting into Uitenhage itself – you have gone about 2kms too far.
Picture of Entrance: